Levels of Physical Commitment:
- 1 – Very Easy – Like a walk in your local city park. Trail surface is generally flat and level.
- 2 – Easy – Trail is generally flat, with some rocky terrain and slight elevation gain.
- 3 – Moderate – Trail may include rocky or loose terrain, with steep sections and moderate elevation gain.
- 4 – Challenging – Trail is steep and rocky, with elevation gain of more than 1000 feet. May feature rock scrambles or other challenging features. Trekking poles recommended.
- 5 – Extremely Challenging – Off-trail travel. Terrain is variable and potentially steep. Good map and compass navigation, backcountry travel skills a must.